And here's Abi now.
It seems a little cliche to say, "It seems like only yesterday..." but really, that's the only way to describe it. Anyway, back to the party.
Abi shares a birthday with her uncle Rory, and this year he invited all of us to go out to dinner last Friday evening. Since Rory's dinner was Friday, we decided to have Abi's birthday celebration on Sunday so as not to conflict and so everyone could be there. We had all of Kevin's and my siblings and their families (and our parents of course) come over to our house for sloppy joes and ice cream sundaes. I don't know about Abi, but I had a blast. I really love having our entire family together. It's so much fun.
After dinner, Abi opened her presents.
Abi got lots of clothes (that's what mommy told everyone to get her), some stuff for swimming, a shopping cart for her baby, and a bubble machine from her soon-to-be-uncle Austin. Austin won the prize for best present. We had to crack it open right away to test it out.
First we fired it up inside...
...but it started to make the carpets all soapy and the wood floor really slick. (All of the little kids slipped and fell on it) You'd think that in a room full of adults, we would have thought about that beforehand.
So, we took it outside and the kids had a ball playing in all the bubbles...
...even the big kids
Kevin faithfully held the bubble machine, for maximum bubble production
while Savannah sneakily took off with the bubble solution.
After the bubbles, it was time for dessert.
I made a cake and we had all the fixings for ice cream sundaes. (Kevin stuck the candle right in the middle before I could get a picture.)
After blowing out the candles, Abi decided she should have the first taste.
I guess that means it's good.
Like I said, I had such a good time, and I'm pretty sure Abi did too.
Happy birthday Abi! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment