Big sister Savannah, who's only 14 months old, thought getting a new baby sister was pretty cool.
So cool in fact, she started to walk the same day Karina was born. That was exciting, though her mommy was in the hospital and didn't get to see her first steps. I felt so bad for her. I think I would be really disappointed if I missed my daughter's first steps. She showed her mommy and daddy that night at the hospital, though.
We didn't go to the hospital to see cousin Karina because cold and flu season has just started and the hospital would not allow any children under the age of fourteen in with the newborns unless they were immediate family. Kevin's mom told me that the hospital almost wouldn't let them in with Savannah because they thought she belonged to her. They kept questioning her and saying, "are you sure your not the mother?" Uh, hello. Yes, I'm sure she's sure. Anyway, so we didn't see Angela and the baby until they came home a few days later.
While we were all mesmerized by the tiny-ness of the new baby, Abi and Savannah eventually lost interest and played in the baby's bouncy chair instead.
Which is something they do on a regular basis, even at our house.
I just think it's so cute how they both have to be in it at the same time. So cute.
Anyway, the girls would play, then, occasionally walk over to the baby, jabber something in baby talk, give Karina a kiss on the head, then go back to playing. It was cute. New babies are so much fun.
so are they spelling her name with a C or a K? You spelled it both ways in your post. Just a question. She's very cute though. It's crazy how different they look from each other. I was expecting another little Savannah but she looks totally different! Beautiful. Hopefully Riley's little sister isn't a cookie cutter baby.
ReplyDeleteWell, I spelled it with a C at first then remembered that was with a K so I had to go back through and change it. Did I miss one?
ReplyDelete