Sunday, August 29, 2010

There's a First Time for Everything

This afternoon when we arrived home from church, we got changed out of our Sunday clothes and went upstairs to eat lunch. Now, recently, Abi has been transitioning from one nap during the day to two, so she stays up a bit longer in the morning. When she was younger, she used to sleep during sacrament meeting (which we end our church meeting block with) and then would take a nap a little later in the afternoon. Now, she's been staying up through sacrament meeting and takes a nap soon after we get home, if not in the car on the way home.

Today she had no nap and was awake and alert at lunch time, so she sat in the high chair and ate happily as Kevin and I visited with his mom. As we were finishing, Abi started to get the sleepy look and her eyelids were starting to droop.

While some kids fall asleep at the table all the time, like Abi's cousin Savannah, Abi has never done it before, so I was a little surprised and couldn't help giggling as her head bobbed sleepily forward and back. She was also aware that she was falling asleep and would start to smile when she caught herself losing consciousness. What made the situation hilarious was that she was still trying to eat her lunch with her eyes rolling around in her head.



When she finally fell completely asleep, I snapped some pictures, but wished that the battery on my video camera wasn't dead.

1 comment:

  1. It's finally happening! That is the moment I'm waiting for and the main reason I have children; to watch them fall asleep at the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete