No, really we had a great time and Abi has never been before, so it was fun to show her all the animals and everything. The weather was also really nice, which I was glad for. I was worried we'd have to be out in the heat all day with the babies, but it was nice an cool while it was still sunny.
Most everyone's been to a zoo at one time or another, so everyone knows how they operate. Having said that, I won't give a play-by-play and let the pictures speak for themselves.
Here's a sampling of the animals we saw:
Abi had lots of fun looking at the animals, even though she sort of looks clueless in most of the pictures. It's a lot to take in for a one-year-old.
Of course, if you've been to the zoo and haven't stood up next to one of these with your arms spread-eagle, well, you just haven't had the full experience.
Then there's the carousel ride.
And then the train ride. This time, Abi fell asleep and we woke her up right as we got on board. I'm not so sure if she was happy about that.
We ended up taking home that purple hat on her head, a giraffe magnet and a red panda stuffed animal toy, not this cute penguin.
I haven't personally been to the zoo in a handful of years so it was fun for me to go back and see all of the changes they have made so far. They are planning some new exhibits, so it will be exciting to see those as well.
I haven't personally been to the zoo in a handful of years so it was fun for me to go back and see all of the changes they have made so far. They are planning some new exhibits, so it will be exciting to see those as well.
So cute. There are some days that I just miss Abi. I know Riley like the taste of her, but i'm pretty sure Riley likes to see her too.
ReplyDeleteNo way! Ro likes to ride the polar bear, too! She's so cute! I'm glad she had fun.
ReplyDelete