Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kennecott Day Trip

I have spent a little time watching my nephew Rowan and one day while he was over to play, we all took a day trip to see the Kennecott Copper mine.

Slurpees in the car on the way

At the visitor's center


In front of the mine



Rowan adored this little mine-car thingy


The essential standing-in-front-of-the-giant-truck-tire shot

I hadn't been to the mine since I was a little kid, so it was fun to go again. Plus it was a great place for Kevin to try out my camera's miniature setting.



They look like little models. So fun!

On the way home, we had to stop at Copperton Park to let the kids play.






That mine is really huge, and I actually learned something not only about the mining and refining process of copper, but also what a bunch of buildings and structure were used for around the valley. A lot of them I would see nearly every day and wonder what the heck they were used for; now I know. See, you can learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment