Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gettin' Ready for Winter

My favorite season is fall. I don't know about anyone else, but I just love it. I love all the seasons, don't get me wrong, but fall is my favorite. With Halloween behind us and Thanksgiving a few short days away, it feels like fall is coming to an end as well. Last month, before it got cold enough to freeze, we spent some time cleaning out the garden. We mostly just had tomatoes to worry about so...

we pulled up the plants,


pulled all the green tomatoes off,


and put them in a bucket.


I ended up turning into a family affair.

Grandma

Grandpa


Oakley-of course

Abi even found a friend in the garden



Gardens are fun and can also be amazing.

Example: Check out these ginormous carrots uncle Aaron grew.


There were actually bigger ones, but these were the biggest that still looked like carrots, the others sort of looked like... well, blobs with arms and legs. Dang, I should have got pictures of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment