Before you say anything, yes, the pattern I found is for the blue Totoro (see a few posts down to refresh your memory) and, no, I'm not color blind nor am I incapable of counting (the little points on his tummy). I decided to make Abi's Totoro the grey one mostly because Wal-Mart didn't have the right blue and I didn't want to go across the street to the craft store to see if they might have it. Call me lazy, but I'll call it "making it my own." I still didn't get the right amount of points on the tummy for grey Totoro, but as long as Totoro purists don't send a lynch mob after me, I think it'll be just fine.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this character, let me just quickly fill you in. My Neighbor Totoro is a Japanese kids movie made by Hayao Miyazaki (who also made the films Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Ponyo to name a few). This movie was a staple for my husband and his siblings growing up, though I never even heard about it until I was in college.

Ahhhh! He's so cute! You should have made him smiling, but he's cute either way.
ReplyDelete