Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's 2011 & Spoils from IKEA

Valentine's Day has never really been a big deal to me. I like to get flowers, that much is true, and to ask for them a couple of times a year is okay, I think. If Valentine's Day gives me that excuse, then so be it. I just mean I'm not crazy about it. Kevin usually takes me out for dinner as well (it's an excuse to eat out), but this year, we have all had this really bad cold and has inhibited our ability to taste anything, so he decided he didn't want to waste money on food we couldn't taste. He did buy me flowers though... last minute... at Wal-Mart, but it's the thought that counts, right? They're not too bad looking.


He also bought me some chocolate truffles that he and Abi have been helping me eat the past couple of days.

Today, Kevin got home from work early and wanted to go to IKEA. We haven't been in a while and it's a new year, so I figured they'd have some new stuff out. So we went and had lunch there and shopped around. Several hours later we emerged, much like every other time we come out of IKEA, with things for Abi. It's so easy to spoil your kids. I swore to myself that my kids wouldn't be spoiled, but it's SO easy.

Anyway, Abi fell in love with two things while we were shopping:

A play tent (mostly because her cousin Riley has the same one and she had so much fun playing in it)

And a chair that's so obviously made just for her because it's small.


See what I mean? Spoiled. The phrase, "just say no" does come to mind, but so often I'm saying "no" while Kevin is putting whatever "it" happens to be in the shopping cart. I lose every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment