Anyway, I was thinking of what Abi could dress up as, when we took a trip to the dollar movie to see Toy Story 3. I thought that Barbie would be kind of cute and pretty easy. So, I searched online for legwarmer patterns for babies (she ended up dressing up as "Workout Barbie") to get some ideas and made up a sweatband pattern to match. The result: one pretty cute baby who wouldn't leave the sweatband on for more than a couple of minutes. (sigh) Why do we parents even bother? Oh, yeah. Because it's cute. Anyway, here's what she looked like.
Abi is still a little young to really understand Halloween (but really, how many people know the "true meaning" of Halloween, besides dressing up and getting candy?) but Kevin took her trick-or treating anyway to a few houses. While she may not understand Halloween, she does understand candy and when people start giving it to her by the handful, she thinks it's a pretty sweet (get it "sweet") deal. So, needless to say, she really enjoyed herself.
Kevin and I weren't as festive. He threw on a Red Sox shirt and was a Red Sox fan and I wore normal clothes and went as Barbie's mom.
Another fun thing about Halloween is the time Abi gets to spend with her cousins. Savannah and Karina came over to our house to visit dressed up as a horse (yes, it's a horse, not a cow) and a white tiger. Uncle Aaron thought they all looked so cute he wanted a picture with them.

Abi has a hard time keeping her hands (and face) off baby Karina.
Later we went over to my parent's house where all of my siblings and Abi's other cousins were. Mel found a cute little pumpkin princess costume for Riley and Rowan was "Woody" from Toy Story.


We all wanted pictures of the kids and thought it would be cute if they each sat with a pumpkin, but since they all can get up and walk on their own, it didn't quite work out how we would have liked. This is what I got.


Not exactly what we had in mind. The only way to get them to hold still for a few seconds was with candy.
Kevin and I weren't as festive. He threw on a Red Sox shirt and was a Red Sox fan and I wore normal clothes and went as Barbie's mom.
Another fun thing about Halloween is the time Abi gets to spend with her cousins. Savannah and Karina came over to our house to visit dressed up as a horse (yes, it's a horse, not a cow) and a white tiger. Uncle Aaron thought they all looked so cute he wanted a picture with them.
Later we went over to my parent's house where all of my siblings and Abi's other cousins were. Mel found a cute little pumpkin princess costume for Riley and Rowan was "Woody" from Toy Story.
We all wanted pictures of the kids and thought it would be cute if they each sat with a pumpkin, but since they all can get up and walk on their own, it didn't quite work out how we would have liked. This is what I got.
Not exactly what we had in mind. The only way to get them to hold still for a few seconds was with candy.
Rowan's face will never cease to make me laugh. I saw that and all I could think of was "Great, a baby." And it's funny Abi thinks she needs to help Riley and Savannah get a long even though they get along just fine. She's such a little mommy.
ReplyDelete