Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Projects

A couple of posts ago I shared a picture of a Gromit doll that I had decided to undertake myself as a Christmas gift for Abi. I'm happy to say that I have finished it. It actually has been finished for some time. I was surprised how easy it really was. The hardest part was probably assembling the whole thing. Now, this was my very first attempt at crocheting a doll, so here are some of my flaws that I noticed right off the bat. First, my stitches probably should have been tighter. I say that because when I began to stuff it, you can sort of see through the stitching to the batting underneath. That's probably the main thing, but the limbs aren't exactly symmetrical, and his neck is a little weak, but I think that it turned out cute and would like to share.



Ta-dah! What do you think? I changed the ears a little bit. The ears for the pattern I used were a little too small so I tweaked it to make them bigger. Here's the difference.



The completion of this project made me feel good, and a little ambitious. I decided that if I could make Gromit, I could probably do Shaun the Sheep as well. (One of Abi's other favorite shows) So I used the Gromit pattern as a base and made up the rest. I'm proud to confess that I have finished that one as well and it turned out just as cute, if not more.

This picture kind of looks funny.

He has a little bit better posture when you look at him from the back. And yes, his tail really is that long, see.


Trust me, I know. I watch the show enough.

Being crafty these past few weeks has made me feel really good and accomplishing something has made me feel even better. I'm really excited for Christmas to be here so I can see what Abi will think of her new friends.

5 comments:

  1. Stephy! I love Grommit, and Shaun! they turned out so cute! :) <3 em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ro and I think Shaun is so cute! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooooooooooooo cute, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was wrong about his tail being so large. Excuse me. they did turn out really cute and I think the yarn made it perfectly fluffy without having to do a loop stitch. I like how they look like they are holding hands in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete