Abi just had her 12 month doctor visit where we learned that she's right where she needs to be and that she's healthy (also great news). The doctor said she could eat pretty much everything that we do and that we don't have to buy any more formula or baby food. Yay! She hates baby food anyway, so the transition won't be very drastic. Abi has also started to walk on her own. She'll only take a few steps, but it counts and every day she gets better at it.
Kevin is wrapping up his year with the charter school and it will be his last. He decided to go back to school, so he can pursue a different career path. He will really miss all of the students he has got to know over the past couple of years there.
As for me, I'm still teaching water aerobic classes once a week and being a mom the rest of the time. I am still working on my weight loss goal and the numbers I see when I step on the scale don't seem to reflect how I am feeling. I feel stronger and more energetic and a pair of pants I had to really struggle to get into (c'mon girls, you know what I'm talking about) went on, freshly washed, with minimal effort. And yet, the numbers don't change, or don't change that much. Currently, I am 2 pounds lighter than I was that week, but I've bounced back in the past, so we'll see where it goes. The important thing is that I feel good, right?
We are all excited for summer.
She is also big enough to appreciate things like the zoo, so we are planning to do that. Also, she loves to swim. Her favorite place to be is in the bathtub splashing around and playing with toys. Sometimes when she's cranky (because she's bored and getting into stuff she shouldn't i.e. the dog bowl, the toilet, etc.) I just put her in the bathtub and let her swim. We have this super-cute video of her in the tub splashing so much it got the the whole bathroom wet, but decided not to post it due to it's high level of baby nudity, but we've also got some pictures that are probably pretty safe.
Wow, she is very cute Steph. I can totally relate to the weight loss thing. I have struggled with it since I was 25. Keep up the exercise though. It won't hurt you, and even though the scale isn't showing much progress the other things you mentioned is what counts. (Being stronger, healthier and toner). Good luck to Kevin with his goals.
ReplyDeleteso cuuuuuuuute -liz
ReplyDelete