Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter 2010

Sunday was Abi's first Easter. Since it was General Conference (or Pajama Sunday, as my mother-in-law calls it) it was a nice relaxing day where we didn't have to worry about teaching lessons, or baby-sitting rowdy Sunbeams, or keeping Abi from screeching or getting into stuff. It was really nice to just spend time as a family and listen to Conference.

It's kind of funny when it's your first child's "first" something-or-other. Everything turns into a big deal and you have to take a million pictures. All the while, your child is just sitting there looking at you like, "Why are you making me do this?" or "So, you want me to rip the paper off?" or "You're crazy." But we as the beaming new parents can't help but resist. And why should we? After all they're only this age once, right?



So, with it being Abi's first Easter she had to color eggs and do and egg hunt, even if she couldn't figure out why the heck she was doing it. After we colored eggs and Abi colored her sock yellow, we hid plastic eggs (because Abi liked to smash the hard boiled ones) around the house. Then Kevin walked her around and "helped" her find them while I snapped pictures. Kevin basically did all the finding while Abi just posed.




Yes, Abi's foot is scarily close to the dye-water...

and it's obviously intended- just look at that face!




"I found one!"





Abi was more excited about the dollar than the eggs


Her spoils from the hunt

Next week Abi is turning a year old and Kevin and I can't believe how fast the year has gone by. She has grown so much and has such a great personality. She's even walking... sort of. She needs a little help with her walking toy, but soon enough she by taking off on her own. That's actually kind of scary.



Yum!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I think I love the first picture the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I miss her some days. She's such a goof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph! I didn't know you followed my blog, I was just checking somethings out on mine today and found yours! How's life? Looks like your family had a fun Easter (Abi is ADORABLE by the way! I can't believe you have a one year old daughter, time sure has flown!) So, I don't know if you've had a chance to check out my blog or facebook recently (what with being a cute, busy mommy!) but JR and I are expecting! A little girl, sometime around the end of June! Anyway, take care, I'll see you around blogspot k! :0) -Carrie

    ReplyDelete