Sunday, March 14, 2010

This month, so far...

So I have been really terrible at getting this blog updated. I want to blame it on me being too busy, but it would be a lie. Here's what we've all been up to.

The school year is starting to wind down for Kevin. He's getting anxious for the year to be over, as I'm sure are the students. This week there is a Foreign Language Fair at the school where students pick a place to make a display board and oral presentation about. Sort of like the science fair, only with the foreign language department. Kevin asked me to judge his classes' boards to determine who will go to the school-wide competition. It's hard to judge. you could tell that some of those students worked really hard.

Kevin's also losing more weight than me, even though he's not really doing anything. For example, last week he decided to cut back on soda pop and he lost 4 pounds. What?!? I have been going to the gym to water aerobics classes for the past 2 1/2 months and have lost maybe 2 pounds, but only after I gained 4. It's just not fair.


Speaking of water aerobics, the fitness center where I go to class had some open positions for instructors. During class they were encouraging people to apply. I thought, "why not?" So I applied, had an interview last Friday, had an audition (I basically taught a live class for 15 minutes) on Saturday where they were so impressed that they hired me on the spot. Cool, huh? So I'll be teaching 2 classes on Thursdays.

Abi is still growing every day. Tomorrow she'll be 11 months. It's kind of hard to believe that next month she'll be a year old. Time goes by too fast. She cruises around the house on her hands and knees and walks around along the furniture. She sometimes stands up in the middle of the room when she's not paying attention, but as soon as she realizes that she's not hanging on to something, she chickens out and sits down.


Tomorrow is also Kevin and my 3rd wedding anniversary. He's going to take me on a trip to St. George at the end of the month. Happy anniversary sweetie!

Abi also likes to dance. Here's a video.




2 comments:

  1. I love how as she dances her legs slowly get farther and farther apart and she can't figure out how to pull them back together.:)

    ReplyDelete