Monday, March 22, 2010

Fondue Night

Last night we had our monthly Schmidt family dinner and, as promised, we had fondue. Now, call me sheltered, but I've never had fondue before. So, naturally I didn't really know that much about it, other than you dipped stuff stabbed on pokers into hot cheese. I was in charge of the cheese and we each were in charge of bringing our own stuff to dip (we would all share, of course). We had one pot with oil to cook the meat, two with cheese (one I did and one my mom did) and two with chocolate (one dark chocolate and one white).

All in all, it was a lot of fun. There were a few minor drawbacks, though. One, we only had one oil pot and there were twelve people, and with meat coming out of the pot one bite-sized piece at a time, some people had to wait a few minutes to eat their meat. Not only that, but someone had to constantly tend the pot (Charles and Tim got the honors by way of seating location). I personally didn't mind, because the less meat I ate the better I would feel afterward (I have this tendency to over-indulge), but some others may have felt differently than me. Next time we do it -that is if my mom can convince my dad; this kind of thing really isn't his cup of tea- we definitely need another oil pot. Other than that I think it went pretty smooth and, from what I could tell, everyone had a really great time.

And wouldn't you know it, I forgot the camera. Oops.

As much as I would love to continue on about food, other things have been going on besides mealtime. Kevin attended his school's foreign language fair last week and it turned out to be a great success. The students had their boards on display, there was a Mariachi band that came to play, and a Chinese dancer who performed. Kevin came home gushing with pride for his students. Very cute.

Aerobics is going well. I taught my second full class today which was a ton of fun. I even got some compliments from some of the patrons, which was very cool.

Abi will be one year next month and I can hardly believe it. She's doing a lot of cute things lately, like howling like a dog and when I say, "so pretty" she pretends to comb her hair. Also very cute.

My three-year wedding anniversary was this last week and Kevin decided that we needed to take a trip as a couple, so this weekend, we are headed to St. George for a few days. It'll just be the two of us, so it should be really fun. Although, I am a little sad to leave Abi. I know, she'll be fine. I just need to suck it up and have a good time. I will, but I'll still miss her.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog. Abi is so cute! Have a great time in St George. Write all about it when you get home. You are great Steph.

    ReplyDelete