Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wedding Bells

So, I haven't done that great for the month of March and, again, I want to blame it on being busy, but I know it probably isn't true. So, I thought I'd better put some kind of post up for March before the month is over. What better to blog about than someone's wedding?

A couple of weeks ago on March 18th my little brother Charles got married. He married a girl that grew up in the same stake we did (he's following suit, the rest of us have married people in the stake as well) named Amber. It was really nice and everything turned out really beautiful and, of course, we took plenty of pictures.

Here's the happy couple

See how happy they look?

No? Well, here's a happier one.

That's more like it.


Of course, Abi had the time of her life the whole day. So many open areas to run around.

At the temple...



Don't fall down the drain!




...and at the reception (also because there were cookies a-plenty).






Besides, she got to spend all day with her cousins, aunt, uncles and grandparents.















Charles and Amber's wedding was on the same day as my grandparents' (on my mom's side). In fact, that day was my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary.




The reception was really pretty.











I have been involved with a handful of weddings, and I have learned a few things:

1. There is a lot of standing/sitting around waiting












2. Emotions run high



3. The food is great




4. Sometimes, things aren't always picture perfect



5. Lots of people are always willing to offer lots of advice






6. Capture the tender moments, they're the ones worth remembering



Adorable, right?



Congratulations Charles and Amber! We hope that your ever after is the happiest!


3 comments:

  1. How come no one ever tells me my hair looks like that? It's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh p.s. I want Kevin to take my wedding pictures. Oh wait... dang it! I love that picture of Grandma and Grandpa. So. cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looked cute, I thought. Maybe it was just the wind gusts while you were getting your picture taken. I thought it was funny that in half of the pictures we have of you, you're looking at your nails.

    ReplyDelete