So, things have been getting better. We were all pretty sick, but now we're on the mend and ready to enjoy the summer again, except now it's too hot to be outside. Oh, well. Like I said, things are better, but not before they got worse again. Abi was still running a fever when I last updated and one night we took her over to my parent's house to see if the car ride would make her feel better. While we were there she got really miserable, so we took her temperature; it was 103.8. Yikes. It about scared me half-to-death as I was scrambling to figure out where we could take her on a Saturday night. My mom and I ran her over to the urgent-care office and found out that she had both and ear infection and strep throat. She was pretty miserable. The doc gave her an anti-biotic and I breathed a sigh of relief thinking that she would feel better by the next day or so. The next day, she still had a fever and wouldn't eat. The next day her fever spiked again to the same temp as Saturday night. And the next day wasn't much better. Kevin and I decided that she needed to go back to the doctor. This time we got in to see the pediatrician and he gave her another anti-biotic which worked after the first dose. She's fine now, but she sure did make me nervous.
I'm working a little bit right now, filling in for a co-worker who is on maternity leave, so I have had a few late nights with early mornings the next day. The night of the 29th was the best, or should I say worst? Best because I went to see The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and worst because it was the midnight showing (well, 12:50) and I didn't get a nap before. I went, again, as the party crasher with my sis Mel and her husband's family (girls only). It was a lot of fun and the movie was pretty good, considering it's predecessors, I guess. The acting is slightly better, though still extra-cheesy. But, really, what do you expect? Anyone who has read the books can tell you sure, they enjoyed them, but they are corney, and what's corney on paper is super-corney on screen. The hair and make-up are also better, I think, but can I just say, "WILL SOMEONE SEND THE WEREWOLVES TO THE GYM?!!?" Jacob is all ripped from head to toe (probably from packing Bella around everywhere) and Sam Uley is just walking around with his gut sucked in. Sam, you're not fooling anyone, that belly jiggles with every step. A couple of sit-ups won't kill you, I'm sure. Anyway, I only got a couple of hours of sleep and had to work the next day. It was worth it. Kevin and I went to see it yesterday (he says it's not as funny as New Moon and that there's too much kissing) and then he took me clothes shopping afterward. Kevin picked out a couple of super-cute shoes for me and I found a couple of tops that I really like. We haven't been out on a "just-the-two-of-us" date like that for a little while, so it was fun.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes! A fever that high would scare me to death to, I am glad to hear she is dong better. I haven't seen Eclipse yet, but I loved your commentary, you should become a film critic, Steph :)
ReplyDelete